Prepare. Educate. Embrace.
I will help prepare you and your company, or organization, to embrace the growing transgender population. I believe that an inclusive work environment, that actively embraces a diversity of people and ideas, encourages all workers to succeed!
The National Center for Transgender Equality’s report on discrimination reported the following in February 2011:
- Ninety percent (90%) of those surveyed reported experiencing harassment, mistreatment or discrimination on the job or took actions like hiding who they are to avoid it.
- Forty-seven percent (47%) said they had experienced an adverse job outcome, such as being ﬁred, not hired or denied a promotion
- because of being transgender or gender non-conforming.
- Over one-quarter (26%) reported that they had lost a job due to being transgender or gender non-conforming and 50% were harassed.
- Large majorities attempted to avoid discrimination by hiding their gender or gender transition (71%) or delaying their gender transition (57%).
- The vast majority (78%) of those who transitioned from one gender to the other reported that they felt more comfortable at work and their job performance improved, despite high levels of mistreatment